2015 Sage Construction Technology Survey
Our friends at Sage software recently surveyed over 600 construction professionals from small and midsized firms to understand their view of the economy, their top business issues, and their use of technology. Here are some highlights from the survey:
- Over half of the survey respondents are optimistic that the economy will have a positive impact on their business in 2015.
- The top three business concerns reported are:
- Getting new customers (39%)
- Cost of materials (38%)
- Labor shortage (26%)
- The top three actions construction and real estate companies plan to take to address these challenges are:
- Hire more employees (39%)
- Cut expenses (33%)
- Invest more in new technology (23%)
- The top areas where survey respondents plan to invest their IT dollars are mobile and estimating/bidding technology.
This infographic from Sage provides more information about the results of the survey (click to enlarge) :
The full report from Sage is expected to be published in April, you can sign up to receive the report here.